Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Has Anyone Seen October?

I don't even know where to begin.  Seriously.  This is actually my third attempt at this post.  I woke up this morning realizing that it was November.  It seems like yesterday was September.  And yet October didn't just slip quietly by...in fact, it camped out on my front porch and even punched me in the face a couple of times.  First, there was the accident.  Thankfully I was not injured but Ursula Sinead Popodopolis did not fare so well.  29 days and 1300 (my cost) dollars later we were finally reunited.  Then, my house flooded.  This happens enough times that it is pretty much routine, but still.  At the same time that my house flooded, I got a major head cold that lasted a week but had a lingering cough.  October is, of course, a lovely time of the year for allergy sufferers (sarcasm alert).  And we had a spelling bee, all-day-out-of-town field trip and a leadership conference at school.

And among all this activity there has been some internal drama as well.  I don't know what God is doing in me (of course, I rarely do...I rather enjoy that about Him) but change is coming.  And it's big.  And deep.  Lately I have been feeling very strong yearnings.  For what, I don't know...yet.  But there is this sense of urgency as well.  Yeah. It sounds strange to me, too.  A strong, urgent yearning for...?

But, whatever it is, my life is in need of some altercations.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment