Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Out of the Orange

Out of the blue (idiom), a phrase describing an unexpected event


 
I have an odd collection....ok, maybe two...but the collection I'm talking about here is my collection of one-liners.  You know...those clever, witty and funny lines in a movie, TV show or book that come out of the blue and make you laugh and start to plan how you can work it into your own everyday conversations.  (Come on...I know you practice...)  I keep my collection in an orange book (Out of the Orange) and everytime I hear or read something that makes me laugh, I grab the nearest pen and jot it down on whatever is handy...scrap of paper, napkin, my hand...until it finds its place in the book.
 
Anyway, I have decided to periodically share them with you.
 
Disclaimer: Not all one-liners are actually one line.
 
Stargate Atlantis
                                                                                      "That's strange."
                                                "Define 'strange'."
 
"You don't know the meaning of 'strange'?"

*snicker*

No comments:

Post a Comment