Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Mockiversary

About a year ago...little less...I had an epiphany.


It was a realization of unfairness.  Why should I--just because I am single and content to be so--go without the things that most other women get to enjoy on their anniversary?  A special night out, expensive jewelry, a nice dinner or secluded get-a-ways.  OK, so I don't have a husband to surprise me with flowers or jewelry but...why couldn't I buy them for myself?  (I can't believe it has taken me this long to come to this place...)  So anyway, after some thought, I decided that my "mockiversary" would be on March 18 and yesterday was my first.

I kept it light...since I just got a brand new car on Valentine's Day and a brand new phone and a beach vacation President's Day weekend.  I took myself out to dinner and a movie and I had a wonderful time.  And since I had no idea what movie I was going to see or where I was going to eat until I got there, it was a nice surprise as well.

1 comment: