Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trying to Catch My Breath

I can't believe that it is February! Wait! I can't believe that February is more than half over! I certainly don't have any pictures to show for it.








I started the year off with an ear infection that prevented me from getting outside...







Then we were into mid-terms and semester report cards...







And then there was the car accident...







Yes, two weeks ago I was involved in a car accident. My car "Ursula Sinead Popodopolis" was a total loss. I didn't even get pictures of that... My shoulder is still bothering me some but that is the extent of my injuries...I'm thankful that I wasn't a total loss. Actually, I am thankful for a whole lot in this situation.

Had I been 6 inches farther down the road my door would have collapsed in on me.  After the lady ran into me I ricocheted off her vehicle through two lanes of traffic.  There was no one next to me or behind me so I didn't hit anyone on my way through the lanes and I didn't get hit by anyone else.  I hit my shoulder but I didn't hit my head.  I was driving a Toyota so my car was worth $1000.00 more than what I owed on it.  The lady that hit me was honest with her insurance company so there was no "fault" dispute.  Ten days after the accident I was in my new car.  To borrow one of my favorite quotes, "God is...God is...God is God, you know?!"




So, I have a new car and the upcoming weekend is supposed to be warm (mid-50s) and sunny so I am headed to the Outer Banks this weekend. Maiden Road Trip for Shamgar "Chuck" O'Malley...







I am hoping that by choosing a tough and manly name, people will be less likely to run into my car. So I have christened my new car Shamgar "Chuck" O'Malley. Shamgar...as in the guy who is only mentioned in one verse of the Bible, Judges 3:31, yet killed 600 Philistines in one day--with a pointy stick. Chuck...as in Norris. And O'Malley...representing my inner banshee and every Irish curse connected to my heritage.







Anyway...time to get on with the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment