Thursday, July 1, 2010

Boy, Am I Glad I Saw THAT Warning!

I went to Wal-Mart the other day to buy a food scale. After comparing weight accuracy and limits, cost and style I chose a digital kitchen scale by Mainstays.




Then I noticed this warning...




...and I thought to myself, "Boy, am I glad I saw that warning! I mighta thought there was carrots, green beans, tomatoes, garlic, onions, potatoes and a stock pot in here. Wouldn't I have been surprised."

But I've got to wonder...has our common sense really disintegrated to the point of needing this kind of warning? Are there really people who pick a small box labeled "Digital Kitchen Scale" and think, "WOW...a SOUP KIT!!" Or is it that our society has become overly litigious? A society where it pays (literally) to be stupid. I should probably stop here...before I get nasty.



Here are some other warnings for the stupid:

Contents may be hot.--McDonald's coffee

For best results, remove cap.--Nabisco Easy Cheese

This ice may be cold.

May contain traces of nuts.--Hershey's Almond Bar

Do not drive a car or run machinery.--Boot's Children's Cough Medicine

Do not eat or inhale. If so, induce vomitting.--on a block of lead (one ton)

Do not consume.--Home Depot treated lumber


No comments:

Post a Comment